DOEMENS e.V. is a registered non-profit...Weiterlesen
DOEMENS e.V. is a registered non-profit organization and the umbrella organization of Doemens. Education serves as the foundation for all that we do at Doemens e.V., and therefore a substantial part of our organization consists of Doemens Academy, a state-recognized educational institution for brewing and beverage technology where, among others, qualification courses are offered for vocational certification in topics on beer, beverages and food.
In addition, the Savour Academy offers a wealth of opportunities for specialization based on a fundamental understanding of beer and mineral water, emphasizing the intrinsic value of these products and their potential for enhancing one’s enjoyment of life’s simple pleasures. The Savour Academy is best known for its Beer Sommelier program. The Masters of Beer Institute offers all certified beer sommeliers the opportunity to expand their knowledge base through additional courses in this area.
A subsidiary of Doemens e.V., Doemens Academy GmbH offers a range of seminars and consulting services. The Seminars Division provides training options for continuing education in all aspects of beverage technology. Seminars are held on the Doemens campus in the community of Gräfelfing (a municipality of Munich) or as in-house company training sessions at locations around the world. In cooperation with the Siebel Institute in the USA, Doemens offers brewing science courses in English at the World Brewing Academy with an emphasis on international brewing technology.
The Consulting Division provides traditional consulting services for equipment and technology as well as for business and economics in addition to laboratory support and analysis with assistance from our research and development department.
The Managing Director is responsible for...Weiterlesen
The Managing Director is responsible for the direction and operative implementation of the strategic policies for Doemens, which are determined by the Presidium. Since October 2016, Dr. Werner Gloßner (pic left) has held the position of CEO for Doemens e.V. and its subsidiary. The CEO is assisted by the Director of Finances and Controlling (Peter Schwanda, pic middle) along with an experienced team of managers responsible for the individual commercial divisions: Education (Dr. Andreas Brandl, pic right), Savour Academy (Dr. Michael Zepf, pic second from right) and Consulting, Seminares & Services (Dr. Gerrit Blümelhuber, pic second from left).
The Presidium is the primary...Weiterlesen
The Presidium is the primary decision-making authority for Doemens e.V. The board serves in a voluntary capacity and is elected every three years by the members of the organization at the general assembly. The Doemens e.V. Presidium currently consists of five members:
- President Georg Schneider (left), Kelheim, Managing Director and executive shareholder at the privately owned Weißbierbrauerei Schneider
- Vice President Bernd Birkenstock (second from right), Lich, former Director of Technical Operations/Logistics and Administration at Licher Privatbrauerei, now retired
- Treasurer Michael Ketterer (right), Hornberg, Owner of the Privatbrauerei M. Ketterer
- Presidium member Gisela Meinel-Hansen (second from left), Hof; CEO of Familienbrauerei Georg Meinel
- Presidium member Markus Schoebel (middle), Schwelm: Director of Luvina Food & Beverage and chief representative of Landskron Brau-Manufaktur in Görlitz.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees at Doemens...Weiterlesen
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees at Doemens consists of public figures from the business community, and from cultural, scientific, social and religious walks of life. They promote the organization at home and internationally on a voluntary basis. The Presidium sets the course to be pursued by Doemens, and the Board of Trustees creates recommendations based on this strategy.
The Board of Trustees is appointed by the Presidium. The Chairman or Deputy Chairman of the Board of Trustees may participate in all sessions held by the Presidium in an advisory capacity. Since 2009, Dr. Jörg Puma (Krones) has held the office of Chairman, with Wolfgang Augel (KHS) acting as Deputy Chairman.
Members of the Board of Trustees (as of December 2017):
- Wolfgang Augel, KHS
- Stephan Barth, Joh. Barth & Sohn
- Prof. Dr. Udo Bühler, Rechtsanwalt
- Wolfgang Burkart, Verlag Sachon
- Oliver Dawid, Private Brauereien Bayern
- Dr. Lothar Ebbertz, Bayerischer Brauerbund
- Roland Folz, Pentair
- Joachim Gehde, Simon Steiner Hopfen
- Klaus Gehrig, Ziemann Holvrieka
- Dr. Erika Hinzmann, Deutscher Brauer-Bund
- Udo Kremer, Verband Deutscher Mineralbrunnen
- Hans-Jürgen Kroner, Kiel Industrial Services
- Dr. Rudolf Michel, GEA Brewery Systems
- Olaf Müller, Andritz Separation
- Heiko Feuring, Krones
- Michael Schmitt, Fachverlag Hans Carl
- Dr. Stefan Seiss, Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke
- Rüdiger Selig
- Robert Sprinzl, Ireks Malz
- Uta Wüst, Bürgermeisterin der Gemeinde Gräfelfing